At Wincham, we use the No Outsiders scheme to:
- Teach children about the Equality Act 2010 and British Values
- Reduce vulnerability to radicalisation and extremism
- Prepare children for a life in modern Britain
- Teach children to be proud of who they are while recognising and celebrating difference and diversity
- Develop resilience in children
- Create a positive school ethos where everyone feels they belong
The No Outsiders scheme uses a selection of 35 books, covering Early Years to Y6, selected to support primary schools to develop a curriculum response to the Equality Act 2010. The titles in this book pack encourage children to explore identities and focus on diversity as a whole.
Our aim is for children to leave primary school happy and excited about living in a community full of difference and diversity, whether that difference is through ethnicity, gender, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or religion.